Monday, January 14, 2013

Um ... Mommy, I Think I Flushed My Brother Down the Toilet by Jeff Rivera



Capsized!

What kid wouldn’t like ‘Yuck Kingdom’? Its streets, trees, and hills are made of fun kid rhymes that match what the inside of a sewer pipe looks like.

Falisha flushes her little annoying brother, Jesse, down the toilet. Of course, she has to find him quickly, which means she has to get down and dirty in Yuck Kingdom. There’s an adventure down the toilet for kids to enjoy while Falisha looks for Jesse.

While Um ... Mommy, I Think I Flushed My Brother Down the Toilet, will probably be a fun read for a lot of kids, my concern is with the parents. I think they should be omitted, letting the brother and sister handle the situation on their own.

Also, I think the title should read, I Flushed My Brother down the Toilet, after all, she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment